March 24th, 2007
Web hosting is not just another building block in the process to getting a website online; it is the very foundation, without a web hosting server to upload your website to, you simply cannot get your site online nor would you be able to make a domain name work, without a web hosting server to point your domain name to.
The above fact makes web hosting a crucial part of having a website, this in turn create a very lucrative and prosperous web hosting industry. Though, some analyst said web hosting industry is slowing down, but forecast and the premium price venture capitalist are prepared to pay for web hosting company suggests that it is still a very strong and vibrant industry. However, the market is gradually saturating, which makes web hosting companies work hard to retain their customers and even much harder to gain new customers.
This high level of competitiveness made web hosting companies CEOs and Marketing managers come up new innovative ways to market their services. One such marketing innovation was the latching on to the new popular theme of concern for the environment, this lead to the birth of green web hosting.
Green web hosting does not only help improve the image of a hosting company by being labelled as environment friendly but hosting companies charge a premium price for green hosting as well.
One such company is Servage, a German web hosting company. Servage sent out a mail shot to its customers recently saying its âmaking a strong effort to be an ecologically efficient company, thus trying to reduce amounts of waste, using environment friendly materials, minimizing power consumptionâ
Servage is offering its customers the option to have their website hosted on servers powered by renewable energy. Servage did not specify the particular type of renewable energy itâs using but it did specify the additional price its customers has to pay for âEco Hostingâ. For additional Â£0.69 per month, your hosting will be green on the Eco Hosting plan.
Apart from existing regular web hosting company adding green web hosting options to their offering, there are new hosting companies that started with green ethos, right from the beginning. This type of Eco Web Hosting companies put a lot more thoughts into being green than just powering their servers with renewal energy. The entire hosting infrastructure is build with ecology in mind, and the products were sourced based on how efficiently they use energy rather than price and speed consideration alone.
Eco Web Hosting, Environment friendly web hosts or whatever you call this kind of hosting is still relatively new, however the trend to be more environment friendly in all we do has finally filtered into the web hosting industry, this make Eco web hosting also know as green web hosting a growth sector for the web hosting industry.
March 10th, 2007
âI have just created a new website with a great design but no one seems to visit it or I am not getting enough business despite having a websiteâ! How many times have we heard this in our lives? Mere creation of a website is not enough to increase business, one has to promote it. Websites like products have to be promoted and advertised.
Different methods have been tried and tested for increasing the number of hits some are successful while others are not. Following are the considerations for promoting your website step by step.Â
- Firstly, we have to be clear on why we are creating the website, what it is about and whom it is for. In other words, the target audience has to be specified and clear.Â Â
- Secondly, while deciding strategy for promoting your website you have to identify and specify the goals behind creating the web page.Â
- Thirdly, while preparing a promotion campaign for a website we should consider and evaluate strategies used in the past by you and other companies as this would help formulate the correct promotional campaign.
- Next step in promoting your website is the choice of domain name, which should correspond with your company name. This is because most people searching would normally search on the basis of the Company name.
- Search engines are the most common way people search for web pages. Listing your page on the database of different search engines like Yahoo, HotBot, Google is an effective way to promote your website. Correct keyword phrases in the web page would ensure maximum results by search engines. Various techniques like programming techniques like Meta tags or banners are adopted to enhance chances of being found by these search engines. Registering your company and its website with online directories and placement lists under a specific category will also help promote your website.
- Reciprocal linking or asking other related or popular websites to hyperlink to your web page is another wonderful method to ensure maximum publicity. In return you might have to sow their link on your page.Â
- Use of traditional methods of publicity like advertisements, word of mouth publicity go a long way in promoting your website. You can publicize your web site by publishing the URL on your business cards, brochures, business materials etc . Another excellent way to promote your web site is to ask an independent person to mention favorable comments about your website or company.
All promotional efforts will go waste if they are not followed up by regular evaluations and further promotional efforts. Evaluation and improvement is absolutely necessary to ensure increasing hits on your site.
Finally, you have to evaluate all the aspects discussed above and see if they are still applicable. In other words, you have to see if the website caters to the same target audience, has the same goals etc only then will the present promotional campaign be successful.
Web pages play a very important role in businesses today. You have to maintain it properly and promote it effectively if you want to run a successful business. The promotional campaign that you finalize upon would determine the popularity of your website and also the growth of your business.
Â Discuss this article at Webmaster Forum
March 10th, 2007
UK Webmaster Forums continues to experienced a steady and rapid growth. This week seen the a number of new members including David a webmaster who has created several sites including a new unique site called SponSpot. David’s SponSpot is an interestingly different web directory which seem to have created its own currency called Spon, the more Spon you buy the higher your listing will be on SponSpot.This week also see the arrival of a new member who is to become one of the new admin, he is popularly know as Melky, you can check out Melky’s profile at UK Webmaster world (435) 990-2823Discuss this post at Webmaster Forum UK
March 6th, 2007
Web Development is a very interesting topic and one that has become more and more prevalent in mainstream conversation over recent years. This is no accident â web development has become such an integral part of so many businesses that as an industry it has actually created and magnified its own importance. Whereas a few years ago businesses concentrated on traditional media to reach their customers, nowadays many businesses operate wholly online, using the internet and e-mail to create a low-cost, high-profit business web development solution to market their products to a wide audience. Many people have been so successful with their approach that theyâve caused a huge wave of people following in their wake, to the point that now even well established offline companies now look for web development opportunities to create a presence on the internet.
Learning web development and creating your own little piece of virtual real estate in the form of an internet web site is easier than you think and with all of the fierce competition between web hosting companies for customers, web development gets easier every day. Before you start building your online empire through web development, it is important to consider the type of web development youâll be doing. To do that, it is necessary to understand the different types of web hosting available. The current types of web hosting packages available include ones that operate under proprietary operating system software (hosting packages suited to people running Windows or Mac OS) and ones that run under an open-source principle (hosting packages for operating systems like the Linux operating system).
Discuss this post at UK Webmaster Forums
March 1st, 2007
As if Google has read one of the most popular thread at UK Webmaster forums last month which was on PPC Click fraud a rafter of measures to combat click fraud was announced by Google at their Adword blog (/adwords.blogspot.com/) some of the measures which comes to effect from today gives advertisers the ability to prevent their pay-per-click advertisements from being shown to competitors suspected of repeatedly clicking on adwords adverts to drive up their cost. This practice is allegedly commonplace, involves generating clicks solely for the purpose of increasing the cost of an advertiser’s pay-per-click advertisement.Â
Google, who is not the leading pay-per-click advertising company, a position it took away from Overture, the pioneer of pay per click advertisement, will allow advertisers to specify; Internet Protocol addresses (IP Address) to be filtered from receiving ads. This gives the advertiser the chance to filter out suspected click fraud IP address.
February 27th, 2007
UK Webmaster Forums member (845) 429-4155) started a thread called 709-227-2499, where he asked successful web directory owners to give tips on how to run a successful web directory. Many members contributed, in fact it lead to a mini article which was blogged by another member (416) 277-2366
BDSEO update the thread recently, pointing out that much attention was not paid to marketing aspects of web directory ownership. This blog will attempt to start discussion on how to market a web directory.
Marketing a Web Directory is really not very different from marketing any other website, however, the nature of the business of a web directory presents it with additional marketing opportunities. This post will focus on those additional marketing opportunities rather than the general website promotion that applies to every website. To do this effectively so that webmasters can just browse through this article I will like the additional promotion opportunities and add little comments for explanation:
1. Ask your users to link back to you. -Even if your web directory is not a reciprocal link directory, asking users who appreciate the service your directory offer to link back to you will not only build valuable backlinks, it will also drive traffic to your website.
2. Partner with other directories - One of the most valuable pages of a web directory is its exit page. After users have completed the submission process to your website, they could be taken to a “Thank you! page, on this page you thank the customer for adding their site to you directory and recommend other directories, this space should be exchange so that you recommend directory A and directory A do the same for you on similar page on their directory.
3. Email communication with users - When users add their site to your directory, an email should be send to let them know the submission has been received, subtle promotion can be added to this message to tell customers about other services your directory offer.
3a. When a submission is reviewed, whether accepted or rejected, an email is sent to a user, this is another promotion opportunity for your web directory.
4. Offer link to the poor - There are some website owners who cannot afford the cost of inclusion in some paid web directory. If your director is a paid directory, you can ask such users to blog about your directory of give a sort of feedback that will help promote your director in exchange for a free link.
5. Get testimonials from people who your directory has helped. - If you find webmasters who has benefited tremendously from listing in your web directory, get then to give you a testimonial, this is an effective promotion tool.
February 21st, 2007
Our forums continues to grow with new and existing member posting useful webmaster related contents every day. One of our senior members 210-834-5547posted a fascinating information about keywords in website:
How do you make your website highly visible and reachable for your target market? What is the best way to optimise your website? A closer look at the power of targeted keywords in search engine optimisation and traffic generation â includes Keyword Analysis Tool.
Targeted keywords are hard to ignore in search engine optimisation. Keywords play vital roles in optimising a website, ranking on the search engines and reaching target market. Keywords have loads of benefits if you know how to find them.
With targeted keywords on your website, you will be able to reach your target market easily, appear on the search engine results pages for different search terms, generate online sales, and get higher search engine ranking. A targeted keyword is a powerful factor in the overall search engine optimisation success.
Keywords and Search Engine Optimisation
keywords are relevant in SEO. However, overdoing keywords on a website is against the rule of organic optimisation. It will trigger red flags from the search engines. This is what referred to as Keyword Stuffing â one of the Black Hat search engine optimisation techniques.
To fully generate positive results from keywords, search engine optimisers and web marketers must adhere to the basic rules of search engine optimisation. After all, you donât have to engage in keyword stuffing or other black hat SEO techniques just to make keywords work for your website. The secret to get positive results from keywords is to optimise and target them.
It is also important to analyse your keywords to avoid getting into keyword stuffing unintentionally. There are times when web marketers do keyword stuffing without knowing it. But intentional or unintentional, web marketers doing keyword stuffing still get penalized.
You can read the full post here
You can subscribe to UK Webmaster (248) 466-6370
February 21st, 2007
This site used to be a phpBB link exchange forums, its such as shame that phpBB lack adequate spam filter support, to the extent that the forum was overrun by spammers, well, its now a Word Press powered blog. The link exchange has now moved to 782-451-5590. You are welcomed to post your link exchange requests to the new location.