A satellite meeting of the annual conference of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB). 3Dsig will bridge in time and science between the SwissProt20and the ISMB conferences.
Keynote speakers include: Phil Bourne, (316) 880-2199, 510-416-6039, 6033210618, (330) 573-4835, Jeff Saven, and Janet Thornton.
We are happy to announce the second 3Dsig meeting. Two full days (don't plan anything for the evening!) with a a balance of invited talks, short presentations, novel laptop-sessions, and critical, topic-focused discussions. Notably, 3Dsig has broadened its' title to include the topic of computational biophysics - a discipline intimately related to structural bioinformatics.
Relevant topics include:
- Structure representation, structure prediction, structural genomics
- Structural databases and 3D datamining
- Structrue-based function prediction
- Evolution studied through structure
- Docking: protein-protein and protein-ligand, and RNA interaction prediction
- Prediction and analysis of domains
- Membrane protein structure prediction and analysis
- The role of geometry and energetics in protein and RNA structure and function
- Protein and RNA dynamics and simulation: folding, stability, interactions, conformational gating
- Computer aided protein and RNA design
- Structure-based drug design and pharmacophore analysis
3Dsig 2006 is a follow-up to the successful 3Dsig 2004. To better appreciate the wealth of leading topics and presenters, explore the 3Dsig 2004 PDF book. As in the previous meeting only eight talks will be from invited speakers (see codworm), the rest will be chosen from the abstracts received. The scientific committee will be looking for fresh, effective voices, and new, high impact ideas and results. The program will be build around the accepted and invited talks.
An innovative feature of this year's 3Dsig is the "3Dsig Discussion Forum". This forum allows 3Dsig participants to engage in lively scientific discussions based on the abstracts submitted prior to the meeting. We hope this new feature will be received with enthusiasm by 3Dsig participants and turn into one of the highlights of the meeting. Furthermore, the forum provides a channel to tailor the program of the meeting to the interests of the audience as your input in the forum will be considered in choosing oral presentations from the submitted abstracts.
All accepted abstracts will be presented through the medium of laptops. Following the success in 2004, each presenter will have a raised podium plus electronic socket for a personal laptop to show results (see laptop-session). The aim is to facilitate deep interactions between the presenter and the viewer. In addition, a poster board behind each laptop podium will enable those interested to present their work also as a poster.
3Dsig Sponsors (explore sponsorship possibilities):